Thursday, October 21, 2010

Career Oportunity

I just spent the last four hours applying for jobs at Loews and Home Depot. I went to both stores only to find out that both of their computer systems were down. So I went back home and applied online. My brain hurts. So many questions! On the Loews website you have to re-apply and go through all the questions for each position you apply for! It takes forever. Home Depot is a lot more streamlined; you check all the positions you want to apply for and then go through their application process only once.
My current job is just fine, and I will actually be taking a pay cut, I just don't want to stand out in the freezing cold again for one more winter. Fingers crossed.
Now I get to go mow my lawn. It's almost dark already. Last mow of the season. Big smiley face!

1 comment:

  1. We got some appliances at HH Gregg this weekend--have you ever thought of doing sales? To me sales sounds like a horrible horrible nightmare, but for charismatic people with lots of technical knowledge, it could be a great job. I asked our salesman about it after we were finished, and they work for commission. (Which also sounds like a horrible nightmare to me, but again, for the qualified...people who do the job well would get paid better than those who don't--where else can you get that?) They hire new folks during the holidays. Anyway, I could totally see you selling cameras or laptops. (I'm job-hunting right now, too. Well, not RIGHT now.)

    ReplyDelete